This was my second week on the FODMAP Diet. Week 1 went fairly well, despite eating more meals out than anticipated (foolishly, if I was paying attention I would have remembered), and being bummed that no garlic or onion were to be had.Week 1
PROPOSED MEAL PLAN
This week, I didn’t meal plan heavily. I know I’ve got at least two if not three dinners out, and I didn’t feel like shopping too heavily in advance of our vacation next week, so I bought the bare minimum and will be eating a lot of pantry foods. This proposed meal plan is what I have come up with on the fly.
- Overnight oats with peanut butter and strawberries
- The salmon burgers I didn’t eat
- The rest of the chicken/tomato sauce/olive mixture I made
- Maaaaaybe the rest of the baked sweet potatoes from last week if I can find a way to dress them up so they’re not so plain
- I grabbed some wholegrain rice pasta from the grocery
- Steaks with smashed baby potatoes and green beans as a nice dinner for the hubbs
- Zoodles(?) with chicken and frozen green beans & carrots
- I have Marmite-flavored rice cakes left over
- A stab at a compliant Dole Whip
ACTUAL MEAL PLAN
- Overnight oats with strawberries and pumpkin seeds
- Overnight oats with peanut butter, strawberries and pumpkin seeds – and I need to doctor these up a bit next time; the weirdo French peanut butter in a tin can I bought because the kid on the package was mildly disturbing may be – dare I say it – too bland for my taste. I love my no sugar added peanut butters, but this was less satisfying somehow. Maybe because I’m making my oats with water instead of unsweetened plant milk?
- Went out for a scheduled (weekly) breakfast date on Wednesday – had steak & poached eggs with a side of fruit instead of the fried potatoes & onions. Brought my own hazelnut milk for my Americano(s).
- Finished the chicken marinara-ish mix off by Monday.
- Made steaks with smashed potatoes and green beans for dinner Monday.
- Scrounged leftover potatoes topped with Kewpie mayonnaise for lunch Tuesday because I was woefully unprepared with the proteins when I crashed through the door in dire need of lunch.
- Delicious and super easy Japanese style zoodles with poached chicken.
- The last of the baby potatoes I boiled up for dinner Wednesday with more poached chicken and Kewpie mayo.
- Lunch out Thursday – ordered a side of chicken breast, a side of turkey ham and a side of confit potatoes.
- Dinner out Thursday, too – had more chicken breast and plain rice.
- Friday dinner was planned out as well – Brazilian steakhouse with 2 vodka sodas
- Had a fresh strawberry juice while out
- Made a really good dessert from a lemon-flavored coconut yogurt mixed with strawberries and this really good vegan (and compliant! The only freaking thing that didn’t have dates and/or almonds in it in seemingly the whole restaurant!) granola.
- The third and final bag of organic popcorn – with butter and nutritional yeast topping.
What did I learn this week?
HaHaHa. I need to plan better. I know winging it is no way to meet my macros, and I need to not be lazy the next week I’m home. Which won’t be next week – let’s see how I handle this business while on vacation. Spoiler: I’ll be eating sausages and I know I won’t be able to completely not eat sauerkraut. At least it’s fermented? Maybe? Hoping I won’t be undoing any good I’ve done in these two weeks so far.