This was my sixth week on the FODMAP diet, and it went well. I ended up eating at home a bunch and even managed to stay, at least in my calorie macros, pretty on track.
Proposed Meal Plan
- Overnight oats
- 1 planned breakfast out
- Salmon fried rice
- Miso orange roasted veggies
- Rotisserie chicken
- Probably 1 lunch out, maybe 2
- ? Find something?
Actual Meal Plan
- Overnight Oats with blueberries, tahini or peanut butter, and pumpkin seeds or granola
- Chicken breast/poached egg/hashed browns out
- The salmon fried rice was even better than anticipated (recipe coming soon!)
- Rotisserie chicken is such an easy staple to keep on hand – whip up a batch of rice early in the week, and you’ve got 3/4 of dinner ready in minutes
- Roasted sweet potato/butternut squash/carrot mix with orange miso dressing to toss in with chicken
- Chirashi and steak out for lunch
- Mussels frites out for dinner – chose Thai style because the broth was made from compliant ingredients; didn’t end up eating much of the broth anyways
- Scrounge dinner of leftover rice with a little butter, some furikake seasoning and a touch of sweet soy sauce to hit macros one night
- Bought some more mostly joyless carbs – this time in the form of oat crackers. Must do more snack research. I’m sucking at snacks lately, and my favorite go-tos are off limits (almonds, corn nuts, wasabi peas, dried fruit)
What did I learn this week?
Salmon fried rice is delicious. And I’m sad I ate all of it – will have to make again soon.
Also, because I was digging that dish so much, I kinda re-discovered being excited to come home to a batch-cooked meal. It’s not like what I usually make isn’t good – or isn’t exciting – but something about this dish had me wanting to choose to go home for lunch rather than deal with finding something to eat while out.