This was my third reintroduction week on the FODMAP diet.
Proposed Meal Plan
- The doc’s smoothie blend
- I will be traveling most of this week, so I’ll mostly just try and eat on plan.
- I will try to limit these where possible
Actual Meal Plan
- Doctor shakes
- Hotel buffet breakfasts – lots of fruit, a little meat, a little potato
- Lots of Asian, some bbq, too many potatoes, and too much bread
- Was semi successful in avoiding while traveling
What did I learn this week?
Challenge foods for this week were accidental dairy (super out), overeating (also super unpleasant), a small amount of onion (less pleasant once – ok a second time), and a Chinese food amount of cooking garlic (fine I think; I was bloated but I think from the salt content of PF Chang’s).
Wheat is still in, but based on the pics of my food this week I look like I need to reign in my consumption of unnecessary breads and fried foods. I’m also tired of potatoes again, and have picked back up a wicked Diet Coke craving, so I may be doing a Whole30 to reset my tastebuds soon.